Monday, March 19, 2018

March IA Journeyman

Journeyman

Study/learn

This month for Journeyman we're study artist Johannes Vermeer.  Click here to learn more about him and his art.  Glue his picture into you CPB and write a summary of his life including important facts.





Know/understand

Why is art so important to people?  Why is the arts so important to you?  Why even study it and it's history?  What have you learned this Vanguard year about art that you might not have learned in past years? 

For me I've realized that we'd be missing a big chunk of history if we didn't study the art that went with it.  I also realized that just like music, art is highly influenced by belief.  Especially in early art history.  When I look at modern art I see a lot less religious influence.  We'll discuss in class why that is.



Become/serve


For the next couple of days I want you to make your favorite art.  Whatever it is that you love to do.  Ideas are drawing, painting portraits, landscape, photography, a short story, crochet, knitting, sewing, jewelry, coloring, chalk, sculpting.  Anything!  Bring what you've started/done to show us in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment